To qualify for participation in the TRIO program, applicants must first meet these minimum qualifications.
- Mission College is your primary institution
- U.S. citizen, or permanent resident, or undocumented student (Includes: Dreamers, AB540 eligible, DACA, TPS, U&T Visa, Asylum/Refugee).
- First-generation college student (neither parent nor legal guardian has earned a bachelor's degree.)
- Low-income(TRIO measures that by taxable income and family/household size as determined by the Federal TRIO Low Income Levels).
- Documented learning/physical disability (If a student is not enrolled in the Disability Support Programs and Services [DSPS] then a doctor's note that confirms, but does not disclose disability, is required).
AND have the following academic goals:
- You plan on graduating with a certificate or an A.A./A.S. degree at Mission College.
- You'll be at Mission College for at least two more semesters (including the current term).
How to Apply
Please note, once you begin the application form, any incomplete application cannot be saved before submission. Because of this, we strongly suggest that you first take the time to secure electronic copies of the following:
- Unofficial transcripts from any college or university you have attended.
- Verification of your previous year's taxable income.
- A copy of your Green Card (both sides) if you are a permanent resident.
Once accepted into the TRIO program, students must meet the following requirements to stay in good standing:
- Be working towards maintaining at least a 2.75 GPA.
- Meet with TRIO Counselor at least once per semester.
We encourage students currently in the ESL program to apply to TRIO once they are finished with their program or are in the ESL 970 series. Feel free to contact program staff if you have any questions.