link California Dream Act

California Dream Act

The California Dream Act of 2011 was enacted with the passage of AB130 and AB131.  These laws allow AB540/AB2000/SB68 eligible students to apply for and receive several types of financial aid, including:

Watch a video about what you need to do.

Who is Eligible for AB540?
  • Attended 3 or more years of attendance in California Elementary or Secondary school or combination there of
  • Attended 3 or more years at a California high school
  • Attended 3 or more at a California Adult School with a
    minimum of 420 hours of attendance
    per school year
  • A combination of these schools with a total of 3 or more years of attendance
  • Graduated from a California high school or
  • Received a GED or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam;
  • Are registered or enrolled at a California community college and
  • If required, complete an affidavit saying you have filed (or will file when you are eligible to do so) for legal immigration status
How to Apply for financial aid for undocumented students 
Cal Grant Information

California Dream Act FAQs  

Additional Resources

Mission College Dreamers Resource page

For information on how to support undocumented students in their pursuit of college, career and citizenship, please visit Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC) at

Any Questions? We are here to help!

If you have already submitted a CA Dream Act Application and have questions, please contact:
California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) at: or 888-224-7268