Take a Philosophy Class
Study the Nature of Reason & Knowledge
Philosophy investigates the nature of reality, human knowledge, the nature of mind, morality and the good life.
Use what you have learned in Philosophy in your chosen career path, whether it is in business, nursing, law, or the sciences.
For example, Philosophy is the most common course of studies for pre-law students. This is because law schools prefer students with analytical and critical thinking skills.
Please Note: Mission College does not offer an AS/AA degree or Certificate of Achievement in Philosophy.
- Take courses that satisfy UC and Cal State transfer requirements.
- Apply your progress in school toward a Bachelor's Degree in Philosophy after you transfer.
- Online Philosophy courses are available (at only $46 a Unit!)
Careers for Philosophy Majors
- Critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- The ability to work well with others.
- Proficient in research.
- Leadership and Management abilities.
Select Jobs in the Field
While some of these positions require an advanced degree from a law school or university, others only require an undergraduate degree in Philosophy (or in a related discipline.) In general, the more education you obtain, the more careers you will qualify for.
- Public Policy Professional
- Marketing Manager
- Teacher or Professor
- Non-Profit Worker
- Religious Activities Director (Clergy)