Fire Tech & EMT Program
Mission College offers accredited firefighter and EMT training in the Bay Area. We function as a "One Stop Shop" for all your firefighter career needs.
- Faculty are officers from local fire service agencies.
- Prepare to meet California firefighter requirements.
- We are the only community college in the county to offer an Associate's in Fire Protection Technology.
Every time you are on campus, you must take the self-screener assessment for COVID-19. You may easily access this link on your phone by downloading our Go Mission app.
Firefighter 1 Academy
Fire Technology Degree
I got hired by the Santa Clara County Fire Department in 2002 and still hold my position as a proud Firefighter and Engineer. This also inspired me to develop Blaze of Glory Fitness to help prepare, train, guide and motivate potential firefighters.
Shay Mountford '98
Firefighter and Fitness CoachRead Her Story
- Communication and teamwork
- Practical skills in operating and using tools
- Decision making
- High physical fitness
- Ability to act quickly, adapt and to remain calm
- Self discipline
- Tolerance to variety of personalities
- Following directions and regulations
Select Jobs in the Field
- EMT and Paramedic
- Fire Chief or Captain
- Safety Manager
- Fire Sprinkler Designer
- Fire Marshall
- Health and Safety Manager
- Fire Protection Engineer
- Fire Inspector
Nursing Degree Programs
EMT and firefighter training is well-supplemented by nursing. We also offer CPR classes and certification through our Health Occupations program, which is required for our eight unit EMT course sequence. Learn more about nursing courses.