The English Department is all about YOU
- Earn an associates in arts degree (AA-T)
- Take courses that satisfy UC and Cal State transfer requirements.
- Choose from online, hybrid, or face-to-face courses.
- We want your experiences to be positive, rewarding, and engaging.
- Courses in the English reflect the perspectives and passions of the teachers and students in our community.
- Our faculty is committed to helping you reach your full potential as a reader, writer, and thinker.
- We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential.
Get Help With Your Writing
- Need help with your writing? Stop by the Writing Center in SEC!
The Mission Review Literary Journal
Deadline: February 15, 2021
Classes to Consider
ENG 07B • American Literature 1865 to Present
Come explore the works of a wide range of diverse American authors such as Mark Twain, Charlotte Perkins Gilman, Robert Frost, Langston Hughes, John Steinbeck, and Toni Morrison. This is a transfer course.
ENG 070 • Creative Writing
This transferable course explores your creativity. Students will read and analyze professional writers and attend literary events and hear from visiting writers.
ENG 048 • Intro to Shakespeare
Read and learn about the famous English bard through his selection of plays and sonnets. It's tragic! It's funny! There's romatnce and there's a little bit of death too!
What Type of Class is For You?
Find the type of class that is perfect for you.
Reason to Take an English Class
More reasons to take an English class at Mission College?
- Combine analysis and imagination, the practical and the creative. Express yourself and explore your passions.
- Composition and literature classes help you develop skills that are in demand from employers: careful reading, precise and powerful writing, thoughtful discourse.
- Become a valuable member of any team you decide to join.
- In all the English Department’s classes, instructors work hard to foster student-centered communities. You will have the chance to make meaningful connections.
Find the Right Class for You
Develop writing skills and meet transfer requirements for CSUs, UCs, and private colleges..Writing Courses
Explore our literature electives to meet GE requiremetns and explore your interests!Literature Courses
Try One of These Transferrable Electives
English Lit Through the 18th Century
Join a learning community and be a part a group of students interested in learning about Latino/a culture and interested in having a personal professional mentor.