Irina’s main area of expertise is in synthesis and characterization of small organic molecules. While studying at UCSD, she worked on multi-step synthesis of natural products in the Garcinia Cambogia family. While working at Genelabs Technologies, she gained experience synthesizing and analyzing potential drug targets for the treatment of Hepatitis C.
- MS, in Chemistry, University of California San Diego
- BS in Chemistry, Concentration Biochemistry, San Jose State University
- Chem 1A: General Chemistry I
- Chem 1B: General Chemistry II
- Chem 002: Introduction to Chemistry
- Chem 002L: Introductory Chemistry Lab
"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less." - Marie Curie