Phone: (408) 855-5349
Office Location: GC-321C
Teresa Thompson started her education at the community college level at West Valley College in Saratoga. And after taking a financial accounting class she was completely hooked on the subject. She transferred to the University of California, Riverside where she earned her Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with an Accounting Concentration.
After graduation, she went to work in public accounting with Windes & McClaughry Accountancy Corporation where she specialized in taxation.
After earning her CPA license, she went to work at the national headquarters for Hyundai Motor America. There she specialized in financial accounting and later moved into financial forecasting, planning and analysis for the international company.
During this time she returned to school to earn her Master's degree in Business Administration with an Entrepreneurship Concentration from the University of California, Irvine.
Teresa enthusiastically returned to the education field and has taught a variety of accounting and taxation courses over the past fifteen years and is currently full-time, tenured faculty at Mission College.
- MBA, Entrepreneurship, UC Irvine
- BS, Business Administration, UC Riverside
Fall Classes (Start August 27, 2022)
- ACC 001A - Financial Accounting, Section 71762, MW 8 a.m. - 10:05 a.m., GC-219
- ACC 001A - Financial Accounting, Section 71763, TTH 8 a.m. - 10:05 a.m., Online
- ACC 001B - Managerial Accounting, Section 71810, MW 10:25 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., GC-219 (runs 9/24-12/17 Hybrid)
- ACC 034, Business Financial Planning, Section 71770, TTH 12:40 - 2:05 p.m., GC-219 (runs 10/22 -12/17)
Professor Thompson has ZTC (Zero Textbook Cost) for all her classes. Search and register for courses today.
Thompson, T. (2021). Coffee, Community, & Covid. Presented at Mission College’s All College Day, Santa Clara, CA.
Thompson, T. (2020). Leading Virtual Classes. Presented at Mission College’s All College Day, Santa Clara, CA.
Thompson, T. (2019). Engaging Students Through Non-Traditional Methods. Presented at the annual national conference of the Teachers of Accounting at Two Year Colleges (TACTYC), Ft. Worth, TX.
Thompson, T. & Annand, D. (2019). Development of OER-based Introductory Financial Accounting Text Based on US GAAP. Presented at the annual national conference of the Teachers of Accounting at Two Year Colleges (TACTYC), Ft. Worth, TX.
Thompson, T. & Liu, J. (2010). Service Learning Through VITA. Presented at the annual national conference of the Teachers of Accounting at Two Year Colleges (TACTYC), Carefree, AZ.
- Excellence Award for Teaching, Mission College, 2022
- Excellence Award for Service to the Community, Mission College, 2019
- Program Excellence -Accounting Program, Mission College, 2018
- "Newbie" Excellence, Mission College, 2015
- Puck Award for Innovation, Chaffey College, 2010
- Gold Presidential Award -White House Award for Community Service, 2010
- Gold Presidential Award -White House Award for Community Service, 2009
Annand, David and Teresa Thompson. Introduction to Financial Accounting. Creative Commons License, Attribution-Non-commercial-Share Alike 4.0 Canada, 2019.
- CalCPA -Silicon Valley Chapter, Board Member
- Teachers of Accounting at Two Year Colleges - TACTYC, Member
Enjoys dancing and reading in her spare time. As well as spending time with her wonderful husband and adorable daughter.
Don't be afraid to be amazing.