Office Location: BT-219C
Teresa Thompson started her education at the community college level at West Valley College in Saratoga. And after taking a financial accounting class she was completely hooked on the subject. She transferred to the University of California, Riverside where she earned her Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with an Accounting Concentration.
After graduation, she went to work in public accounting with Windes & McClaughry Accountancy Corporation where she specialized in taxation.
After earning her CPA license, she went to work at the national headquarters for Hyundai Motor America. There she specialized in financial accounting and later moved into financial forecasting, planning and analysis for the international company.
During this time she returned to school to earn her Master's degree in Business Administration with an Entrepreneurship Concentration from the University of California, Irvine.
Teresa enthusiastically returned to the education field and has taught a variety of accounting and taxation courses over the past fifteen years and is currently full-time, tenured faculty at Mission College.
- MBA, Entrepreneurship, UC Irvine
- BS, Business Administration, UC Riverside
- ACCT 010 - Financial Accounting, Section 30131, MW 10:55 a.m. - 1:25 p.m., West Valley Campus
- ACC 001B - Managerial Accounting, Section 31518, TTH 9:20 a.m. -11:25 a.m. , Mission College Campus
- ACC 001B - Managerial Accounting, Section 31519, TTH 12:40 - 2:45 p.m., Online
Professor Thompson has ZTC (Zero Textbook Cost) for all her classes. Search and register for courses today.
Thompson, T. (2021). Coffee, Community, & Covid. Presented at Mission College’s All College Day, Santa Clara, CA.
Thompson, T. (2020). Leading Virtual Classes. Presented at Mission College’s All College Day, Santa Clara, CA.
Thompson, T. (2019). Engaging Students Through Non-Traditional Methods. Presented at the annual national conference of the Teachers of Accounting at Two Year Colleges (TACTYC), Ft. Worth, TX.
Thompson, T. & Annand, D. (2019). Development of OER-based Introductory Financial Accounting Text Based on US GAAP. Presented at the annual national conference of the Teachers of Accounting at Two Year Colleges (TACTYC), Ft. Worth, TX.
Thompson, T. & Liu, J. (2010). Service Learning Through VITA. Presented at the annual national conference of the Teachers of Accounting at Two Year Colleges (TACTYC), Carefree, AZ.
- Excellence Award for Teaching, Mission College, 2022
- Excellence Award for Service to the Community, Mission College, 2019
- Program Excellence -Accounting Program, Mission College, 2018
- "Newbie" Excellence, Mission College, 2015
- Puck Award for Innovation, Chaffey College, 2010
- Gold Presidential Award -White House Award for Community Service, 2010
- Gold Presidential Award -White House Award for Community Service, 2009
Annand, David and Teresa Thompson. Introduction to Financial Accounting. Creative Commons License, Attribution-Non-commercial-Share Alike 4.0 Canada, 2019.
- CalCPA -Silicon Valley Chapter, Board Member
- Teachers of Accounting at Two Year Colleges - TACTYC, Member
Enjoys dancing and reading in her spare time. As well as spending time with her wonderful husband and adorable daughter.
Don't be afraid to be amazing.