Office Location: GC-319D
Mindy has been teaching at Mission College since 2001. She has taught all levels of mathematics from Pre Algebra to Calculus with emphasis in innovative online teaching and web enhanced courses using current technology tools. Her classes are conducted using OER, Open Educational Resources which includes zero cost textbook, videos, online homework system and online tools. She serves as the contact person for Credit by Examination (Challenge Exam) in Math Department.
Adding a Class
- Adding online section(s): Email me two days before the first day of class for add codes.
- Adding in-person section(s): Attend the first day of class
- If you have difficulty registering or adding a class, contact Admission & Records.
- What you need: strong internet, Chrome Browser, computer, external webcam (or smart phone camera).
- All course work and communication are available through/in Canvas.
- Weekly learning resources and homework will be given in Canvas with deadlines to submit
- All exams are online in Canvas utilzing Proctorio. Student may take the exam any time during a two day window given.
- Fully online. No mandatory in person nor virtual real time meetings.
Optional virtual real time meetings via Conferzoom in Canvas.
- Optional virtual office hours via Conferzoom in Canvas.
- Optional in person office hours may be available. Refer to syllabus.
- A few days before the start date of the semester, a class welcome email containing course information and instructions will be sent to all students who are officically enrolled. Students are reponsible for checking their Canvas email.
Essential phone apps for class
How to download Canvas Student app on iPhone
How to submit handwritten work to Canvas using CamScanner on iPhone
How to join ConferZoom from iPhone
How to download OneNote app on iPhone
How to add Class Notebook in OneNote
Fall 2020 Courses (16 weeks, 8/31/2020-12/16/2020)
No textbook nor online homework system access code purchase is required for the following course(s).
The following courses are fully online. There's no mandatory meetings on set dates/times. All class activities such as learning via videos/free online textbook, homework and tests are done asynchronous on your own time. Exams will be remotely proctored by Proctorio through Internet in Chrome browser. External webcam or smart phone camera are required for exam. Please access the course in Canvas by going to https://web.wvm.edu by the first day of class, August 31.
- Math C Intermediate Algebra Online
- Math 1 College Algebra Online
- Math 10 Elementary Statistics Online (Coteaching with Prof. Sklar)
Due to Covid-19, currently the following courses are scheduled to meet virtually on scheduled dates/times. Exams will be remotely proctored by Proctorio through Internet in Chrome browser. External webcam or smart phone camera is required for exam. Please access the course in Canvas by going to https://web.wvm.edu by the first day of class.
- Math C Intermediate Algebra MW 12:40-3:10pm
- Math D Trigonometry TTH 5:25-6:50pm