Mental Health Counseling
(You can download a PDF brochure here.)
Free, confidential personal counseling is available for all currently enrolled students who pay the student health fee, regardless of their citizenship status.
WHAT DOES STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELING PROVIDE?
- Individual psychotherapy, up to 8 sessions per semester
- Walk-in crisis services
- Referral to DSPS accommodations
- Information and referral to campus and community resources
DO I NEED TO HAVE A SERIOUS PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEM TO SEEK FOR MENTAL HEATH SERVICES?
No. Students come with all types of concerns, big or small.
WHAT ARE SOME THINGS I CAN TALK ABOUT?
- Whatever is on your mind
- Stress and anxiety
- Relationships and communication
- Substance use and addiction
- Death or loss
- Suicidal thoughts
- Academic pressure
- Depression and loneliness
- Sexuality and gender
- Disordered eating
- Cultural adjustment
- Sexual assault
WHO ARE THE STAFF?
Licensed mental health professional
WHAT ABOUT PRIVACY? ARE THE SERVICES CONFIDENTIAL?
Yes. Student Health Services maintains a strict policy of confidentiality with HIPAA guidelines.
HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
- Call: 408-855-5140
- Drop by: the Student Health Services office on campus at SEC-104.
- Hours: Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
FOR AFTER HOURS HELP PLEASE CALL
- 24 Hour Suicide and Crisis Service, County of Santa Clara: 855-278-4204
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- 911 for Life Threatening Emergencies
- Crisis Text Line: Text COURAGE to 741741