Mental Health & Wellness Committees
Type of Committee: Participatory Group
Sub-Committee Reports to: SSC
The Mental Health and Wellness Committee (MHW) is a subcommittee of the Student Services Council, serving an advisory function. The Committee facilitates student support services.
The Mental Health & Wellness Committee is committed to promote mental health awareness and holistic health from an equitable lens to serve the diverse needs of our student population by providing information, activities, and services to increase emotional, psychological, physical, spiritual and social well-being.
- Provide and connect students to resources on and off-campus through community partnerships and enhanced promotion of the Mission College Student Health Center services, which both supports students in staying on their path and facilitates learning.
- With a caring campus lens, raise awareness and reduce the stigma around mental health through culturally-relevant events, activities, social media campaigns, workshops, and conferences to support personal development, retention, and create a sense of belonging.
- Collaborate across campus to empower students, staff, faculty, and administration
to support the holistic mental health and wellness of students through equitable practices
with a trauma-informed lens.
- In the spirit of Guided Pathways, help to support students' basic needs and connect students to resources on and off campus that will empower them to identify and be successful in their path.
- Make recommendations to college leadership through the Vice President and Dean of Student Services.
- Assess student needs and brainstorm the best way to reach students by connecting with ASG/student clubs and collaborating with the Student Wellness Ambassador Program (SWAP).
- Assist with projects and grant objectives as is determined best by the Vice President of Student Services.
- Provide resources through: (1) Hosting events and workshops (2) Establishing connections with local and nationwide organizations.
- Collaborate with Mission College's Care Team.
- Raise awareness around mental health through collaboration with Hospitality Management in "Mental Health Mondays" on social media.
- Assist with the development, update, and distribution of staff and faculty resources
related to mental health.
Mental Health & True Community
True Community aims to improve student equity and success in a interdisciplinary approach by working with key initiatives on campus.
Spring 2022 Meeting Dates
September 13th, October 11th, November 8th, and December 13th
12:30 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Zoom Link: https://missioncollege-edu.zoom.us/j/93683457792?pwd=N3U4QVZkVDlaeEFqKzVsM3VJdW92UT09
* If you are interested in participating on the committee or attending as a guest, please email the co-chairs: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com