Distance Learning Committee
Type of Committee: Constituency Group
Sub-Committee Reports to: Academic Senate
Charge: As a designee of the Academic Senate, the Distance Learning Committee will:
- Recommend policies and guidelines for distance learning courses and courses with online components.
- Coordinate with the Curriculum Review Committee on distance learning and hybrid course development for rigor and compliance with applicable Title 5 regulations.
- Recommend training and support for faculty teaching distance learning and courses with online components.
- Provide training and support for evaluating distance learning courses
- Encourage and promote innovation and best practices for emerging technologies.
- Originate budget requests related to distance learning
The committee shall include at least one representative from each division. The committee chair may include others as deemed necessary.