Subcommittee Reports to: Academic Senate
Charge: The Career and Technical Education (CTE) Committee serves as a standing subcommittee of the Academic Senate to lead the College in reviewing, refining and developing innovative CTE programs and initiatives by executing the following:
- Develop strategies to help Mission College students, specifically in CTE courses and programs, succeed in identifying and achieving their educational and career goals.
- Provide guidance and support for CTE departments, programs and advisory committees.
- Effectively communicate State policies, opportunities, and guidelines regarding CTE career pathways, programs and initiatives.
- Review CTE funding sources and opportunities and provide input into CTE-related projects and proposals.
- Collaborate and communicate with the Mission College Academic Senate (MCAS) as well as other appropriate Mission College committees and initiatives.
The CTE Committee shall be comprised of the following members:
5 faculty representatives from CTE programs
1 faculty at large
1 CTE Liaison (who is appointed by MCAS)
A faculty member or members shall chair the CTE Committee for a two-year term.
The CTE Committee may include the following as ex-officio members: one representative
each from Counseling, Outreach, Marketing, HWI, Basic Skills, ESL, Work Experience,
Research Office, AEBG, Community Education, Apprenticeships, Internships, Office of
Instruction (VPI), Associated Student Government, and/or classified staff from CTE