Our records indicate you are out of compliance with the twice weekly COVID-19 testing requirement that must be followed by individuals who are not fully vaccinated. If you believe you are receiving this message in error, please contact the appropriate VP of Student Services listed below:
- West Valley College Students: email@example.com
- Mission College Students: MC.VPSS@missioncollege.edu
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED ON CAMPUS AT THIS TIME. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO TEST TWICE WEEKLY IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO CONTINUE TO ATTEND IN-PERSON CLASSES.
Information regarding on-campus testing at both Mission and West Valley Colleges can be found here: https://www.wvm.edu/covid-19/Pages/Communications.aspx
In compliance with West Valley Mission Community College District (WVMCCD) Board Policy on Standards of Conduct and Administrative Procedure 5520 (Student Discipline Procedures), you are being charged with violating the WVMCCD Administrative Procedure 5500 (Standards of Conduct) (attached). Specifically, you have violated the following:
- Disruptive behavior, willful disobedience, habitual profanity or vulgarity, or the open and persistent defiance of the authority of, or persistent abuse of, college personnel. (due to not following the policy to comply with the twice weekly testing requirement)
- Unauthorized entry upon or use of District facilities (due to being on campus while violating the twice weekly testing requirement)
Relating to your unwillingness to comply with the twice weekly COVID testing requirement.
Considering this violation, the sanctions being imposed are the following:
- Students will receive an Official Warning (see explanation of sanction below). This decision letter serves as written notice of this sanction.
- Student is advised that further violation of the Student Code of Conduct will result in more severe sanctions,including Suspension or Expulsion
- Student is advised to abide by WVMCCD Administrative Procedure 5500 (Standards of Conduct)
(Explanation of sanction) Administrative Procedure 5520 (Student Discipline Procedures):
Official Warning (Education Code Section 76031).
An official warning is a written notice from the Vice President of Student Services or a designee of the President to the student that states if the misconduct is continued, it may result in further disciplinary action. Written official warnings shall not be made a part of the student’s permanent record.
Further violation of the Student Code of Conduct will result in more severe sanctions.
You have the right to appeal this decision pursuant to Administrative Procedure 5520 (Student Discipline Procedures), Student Appeal Procedures (attached). If you have any questions, please follow up with the Office of the Vice President of Student Services via email: MC.VPSS@missioncollege.edu or firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Valley - Mission Community College District
SUBJECT LINE: REMINDER: COVID Testing and Declaration Compliance
Please note you are required to test twice weekly as a result of your current status relating to the WVMCCD Vaccine Mandate that went into effect on November 1st, 2021. You are receiving this COVID testing email due to one of the following reasons:
- You have not completed the COVID-19 Vaccination Declaration Compliance Form - Click here to declare your vaccination status
- You have completed the declaration but are not considered fully vaccinated
If you were not fully vaccinated when you initially submitted the compliance form but your status has changed, please resubmit the form - Click here to declare your vaccination status.
Information regarding on-campus testing at both Mission and West Valley Colleges can be found here: wvm.edu/covid-19/Pages/Communications.aspx
NOTE: Failure to comply with the twice weekly testing requirement may result in disciplinary action, including suspension or expulsion.
West Valley-Mission Community College District.