Earn Priority Registration For Continuing Students
California has enacted a law called the Student Success Act that will affect the date and time you are given to enroll in classes for the Summer and Fall 2014 terms.
How will this impact you?
- Remain in satisfactory progress and academic standing.
- Have completed fewer than 100 units at Mission and West Valley Colleges combined. (This does not include courses taken at other colleges, ESL classes, and the first 30 units of basic skills classes - 900 level classes.)
If you are in good standing and below the 100 units, keep up the good work!
If you are approaching 100 units or are concerned about your academic performance, come to the Counseling Office or schedule an appointment through the MC Portal.
How can we help you?
- Make an appointment to develop an educational plan to determine remaining classes needed to graduate/transfer.
- Still fairly new to Mission? Enroll in COUNS 000A: Orientation to Mission College to better understand all the resources and support available to you.
- Enroll in a study skills course to improve time management, note-taking, and test-taking skills.
Students will have the right to appeal. Check the portal for the latest updates on these new student success regulations.
If you are on dismissal, you will not receive a registration date for the next registration cycle. Students must complete a Petition For Reinstatement to re-enroll at Mission for College.
If you have additional questions, please consult our FAQs for dismissed students.