Honors Program Eligibility
Application deadline is the 2nd Tuesday of each semester. Apply for the Honors program.
New and Continuing Mission College Student Requirements
Completion of ENG 001A or 001AX (or equivalent) with a B or better. OR, high school AP English score of 3 or higher.
- Completion of 9 UC/CSU transferable units.
3.25 transferable GPA.
- A Bachelors Degree with a 3.0 GPA.
First-time Freshman/High School Graduate Requirements
- 3.5 High School GPA (unweighted) in A-G requirements.
Dual Enrolled High School Student Requirements
- 3.7 High School GPA.
If you do not meet the continuing student or freshman requirements, please contact the Honor Program Coordinator at Steve.Lipman@missioncollege.edu to discuss possible provisional admission.
West Valley College Honors Transfer Program students are guaranteed admission but still must complete the Honors Program application and the Mission College Honors Canvas group. West Valley Honors Program.
- Join Canvas Honors Group (by invitation upon approval.)
- Complete an orientation and an educational plan.
- Maintain 3.25 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Recommended: Enroll in at least two Honors courses each year.
Honors Scholar Requirements
As a member of the Honors Program, you have the opportunity to graduate as an Honors Scholar, one of the highest academic awards granted by Mission College. In addition, your Honors Scholar recognition may make you eligible for UCLA TAP and UCI Honors-to-Honors programs.
To become an Honors Scholar, Honors students must:
- Maintain a 3.25 or higher GPA.
- Complete a minimum of 15 units of Honors coursework (at least 9 units must be completed at Mission College.)
- Recommended: COU 017, Transfer Success and Life Transitions or COU 007H, University Transfer Planning – Honors.