link Submitting Foreign Coursework

Young woman in floral hijab crossed her arms in front of her chest and smiles.

Foreign Coursework

To apply foreign coursework to an Associate degree, the foreign transcript must first be evaluated by an accredited and approved evaluation service, and then reviewed by the Mission College Records Office.

Some courses may also require approval by the appropriate department chair.


Please Note: Foreign coursework cannot be used to satisfy requirements for Associate Degrees for Transfer (ADTs), CSU GE-B, or IGETC certifications. However, case-by-case exceptions can be made if the foreign coursework was evaluated and credit was granted by a regionally accredited institution.

Courses may be used to fulfill prerequisite, program, general education, and elective unit requirements only if course descriptions, in English, are submitted for review along with the evaluated foreign transcript. Mission College will not determine course transferability to other colleges and universities. 

Approved Evaluation Agencies

To have foreign coursework evaluated, students need to contact one of the approved evaluation agencies listed below and request a detailed equivalency report that includes the course level (upper or lower division), its U.S. semester-unit equivalency and the grade the student earned.

  • IERF (International Education Research Foundation | 
  • NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) | 
  • WES (World Education Service) | 
  • IIC (International Institute of California | 
  • IESCAREE (International Evaluation Service Center) | 

Submit Foreign Evaluation and Transcript Evaluation

The official foreign evaluation along with a Transcript Evaluation form must be submitted to the Admissions & Records Office. For evaluation of general education, use the Transcript Evaluation Form from the Counseling Office.

For evaluation of program requirements, contact the appropriate Department Chair with a Course Substitution Request.