Real-World Pharmacy Technician Experience
Mission College's Pharmacy Technician Program is not only theory, it is real-world application. Participate in over 400 hours of instruction that includes class and lab instruction, tutoring, workshop sessions, and hands-on training in a pharmacy setting.
The comprehensive curriculum is taught by a staff of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. Our program features Pharmacy Visits & Field Trips. Observe first-hand pharmacy practice in action.
Lab Activities include simulations of real-life settings and hands-on practice with the dispensing and compounding of drug products, pharmacy software, cash register transactions, drug labeling, inventory, and aseptic technique.
- Intro to Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmacy Communications/Customer Service
- Pharmacy Terminology & Abbreviations
- Pharmacy Law
- Pharmacy Calculations
- OTC & Healthcare Devices
- Managed Care
- Professional Development
- Prescription Computer Processing
- Institutional Pharmacy Practice
- Outpatient Pharmacy Practice
- Clinical Pharmacy Externsh
Clinical training in pharmacies to work with pharmacy personnel and apply theoretical knowledge.
- Kaiser Permanente
- CVS Pharmacy
- El Camino Hospital
- Other leaders in pharmacy