The CalWORKs program provides educational support and resources that will help students obtain the skills needed to be placed in and retain family supporting employment.

California's public cash assistance program is called the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids Program or CalWORKs. Mission College students who are currently receiving cash assistance (TANF-Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) may be eligible for program services.

  • Academic counseling
  • Priority registration
  • Book vouchers
  • Child care support
  • Coordinated on-campus referrals to Financial Aid, EOPS/CARE, DSPS, etc.
  • Coordination and referrals to community resources for housing, transportation, legal and mental health services
  • CalWORKs Work Study positions: on-campus employment
  • Career Counseling: job readiness, skills, and employer contacts
Program Eligibility and How to Access Services
  • Contact your county worker to determine eligibility. If you are approved to attend school , you will receive a county referral notice. Call the CalWORKs office at (408) 855-5228 or come by room C1-114 to schedule an appointment with our counselor. When you come to your appointment be sure to bring your county referral form.
  • Once approved, our counselor will assist you with your Educational Plan, Board of Governor's Enrollment Fee Waiver (BOG), FAFSA aid application and class registration. Additional supportive services will be provided as needed.