Spring 2019 Professional Development Series
The Indispensable Role of Classified Professional Educators in Equity
Friday, February 22, 2019
9:00 am – 1:00 pm, HM 104
· Broaden your understanding of what equity means through introduction of new concepts such as Gorski’s Equity Literacy Abilities.
· Tangible and practical tools will be introduced to being integrating equitable practices in various classified professional roles.
· Efforts such as Guided Pathways will be discussed as we begin to more clearly define classified professional roles in helping implement Guided Pathways.
· This training is open to all classified professionals.
Student Equity Plan Retreat
Saturday, February 23, 2019
10:00 am – 2:00 pm, SEC 313
· The retreat will bring classified professionals, faculty, administrators, and students together to begin the drafting process for the college’s new Student Equity Plan due in June 2019.
· A review of key equity concepts will be covered as well as revisiting past/current activities such as the 2018 Mission College Integrated Plan.
· Other activities include analysis of disproportionate impact data, drafting goals, identifying high impact practices, and how the Student Equity Plan can align with other efforts such as Guided Pathways and AB 705.
· Faculty stipends and overtime for classified staff will be offered to participants since this retreat falls on a Saturday.
Designing for Equity: Equity Frameworks, Lenses, and Rubrics
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
9:00 am – 1:00 pm, TAV 130
· This training will bring together all faculty, staff, and admin involved with Guided Pathways and AB 705 implementation and for those who would like to get involved.
· Develop an equity lens & rubric with the introduction of new concepts such as Gorski’s Equity Literacy Abilities.
· Learn about and begin utilizing Mission College Equity Framework to evaluate current practices and guide the development of efforts such as Guided Pathways and AB 705.
Equity-Centered Dialogue: From Calling-In to Equity-Centered Data Discussions
Friday, March 22, 2019
9:00 am – 1:00 pm, HM 104
· This training, open to all faculty, classified professionals and administrators is designed to look at how we could use data to better understand our students and our overall practices at the college through an equity lens.
· We will look at quantitative (i.e. Power B.I. data dashboards) and qualitative (CECE Survey Results) data and provide tools to facilitate equity-centered data discussions and dialogues.
· This training is a collaboration between the Office of Student Equity & Success and the Research Office.