Mission College Commencement Ceremony 2019
Friday, May 24th, 2019 6:00pm
Mission College Gymnasium
3000 Mission College Blvd.
Santa Clara, CA 95054
The dates to file a petition for a degree are as follows:
Deadline to Petition for AA-T/AS-T degree or certificate is Thursday, February 14, 2019.
The links to the applications are as follows:
Your Commencement Prep Guide
Degree and Certificate candidates wear a cap, a gown, and a tassel that may be purchased at the Mission College Bookstore beginning: Date TBD
These are yours to keep.
The Mission College Bookstore and Office of Student Activities will be hosting a Grad Fair (date TBD). Grad Fair will host graduation vendors Herff Jones to show class rings, grad announcements, and assist with any grad regalia questions. Grad Images will be on campus for one day only (date TBD) to take pictures in your cap and gown (free sitting fee).
- Cap + Gown + Appropriate Tassel --- TBD
- Gown Only --- TBD
- Cap Only --- TBD
- Tassel Only --- TBD
- Stole of Gratitude (optional) --- TBD
- Souvenir Tassel --- TBD
Plus size graduation gowns are also available upon request.
Tickets may be picked up at the Mission College Bookstore until: Date TBD. The amount of tickets for each graduate will be announce in late Spring, please check back for updates. All guests, including children of any age, will need a ticket to enter the gymnasium. There will be no replacements for lost or stolen tickets. Any tickets that are duplicated or tampered will be confiscated at the door and will NOT allow for entry.
You must bring a valid Mission College student ID card, State or Government-issued
ID in order to pick up your cap, gown, and tickets.
You must purchase a Mission College-issued 2019 Commencement tassel in order to participate in the ceremony.
Also available are:
- Free “I'm Graduating” Invitation cards are available at the Info Desk in the Campus Center for graduates to give out to faculty and staff in appreciation of their support throughout your journey at Mission College!
- Blank Announcements may be purchased in the Mission College Bookstore.
- Personalized announcements may be ordered online at: http://www.cbgrad.balfour.com or by phone at: 1-800-433-0296.
Your Big Day!
- Please arrive dressed in your graduation regalia (cap, Mission College tassel, gown, cords, etc.) and report to the Mission College Gymnasium starting at 4:30PM for check-in. Please be sure that all friends and family wait outside of the gym. Only graduates will be allowed inside.
- Please use the restroom prior to lining up in the Mission College Gymnasium. Once you are seated in for the commencement ceremony, you will not be allowed to leave your seat. All participants MUST stay for the entire ceremony.
- Before you arrive at the gathering area, please leave ALL personal belongings (phone, jacket, purse, gifts, flowers, etc.) with your family members and friends.
- You will be given an information card to complete. You will print your name clearly (phonetically, if necessary) for the announcement of your name when you cross the stage. You will also write your name and address on this card and it will be given to the photographer so they may send you proofs of the pictures taken as you walk across the stage.
- Honor students will pick up their gold cord upon checking in.
The ceremony will begin promptly at 6:00PM. Please arrive early to avoid any delays in the event.
Graduation Information Letter Packet
Free Parking is available in the Mission College Parking Lots C and D.
Please Keep in Mind
- No bags or purses will be permitted. Cell phones must not be visible and must be put on silent mode. Both hands must be free of any articles while crossing the stage. Please keep all conversations to a minimum and at a respectable volume.
- If you are receiving a Certificate and an Associates’ Degree, you can only cross the stage once. You can choose to walk with either the Certificate group or the Degree group, but not both.
- A professional photographer will be taking pictures. Proofs will be mailed to you and you may purchase prints, if you wish.
- Family and friends will not be allowed to approach the stage area during the ceremony. The stage area will be available following the ceremony for photo opportunities.
The following items will not be allowed in the Mission College Gymnasium:
Balloons, horns, beach balls, noisemakers, canned string, or serpentine spray.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Rachael Goldberg at (408) 855-5407 or Liz Pelayo at (408) 855-5406 in the Office of Student Activities, Campus Center room 231.