Mission College Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 22, 2020 6:00 p.m.
Santa Clara Convention Center
5001 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA 95054
The dates to file a petition for a degree are as follows:
Deadline to Petition for AA-T/AS-T degree or certificate is TBA.
The link to the NEW onling Application for Degree will be available 1/2/20
Your Commencement Prep Guide
Degree and Certificate candidates wear a cap, a gown, and Mission College tassel that may be purchased at the Mission College Bookstore. Date to be announced.
The Mission College Bookstore and Office of Student Activities will be hosting a kick-off Grad Fair, date to be announced. Grad Fair will host graduation vendors Herff Jones to show class rings, grad announcements, and assist with any grad regalia questions. Grad Images will be on campus for two days to take pictures in your cap and gown with a free sitting fee. Cap, gown, and Mission College tassels will be avaliable for purchase until the day of Graduation, May 22, 2020.
- Cap + Gown + Appropriate Tassel --- (TBA)
- Gown Only --- (TBA)
- Cap Only --- (TBA)
- Tassel Only --- (TBA)
- Stole of Gratitude (optional) --- (TBA)
- Souvenir Tassel --- (TBA)
Plus size graduation gowns are also available upon request.
Tickets may be picked up at the Mission College Bookstore until: TBA. Each graduate will receive a total number of tickets (TBA). All guests, including children of any age, will need a ticket to enter the Convention Center. Please contact Office of Student Activities on TBA to check if there are additional tickets available. Lost or stolen tickets will not be replaced. If there are any tickets that are duplicated or tampered with, entry will NOT be allowed.
You must bring a valid Mission College student ID card or Government-issued ID in
order to pick up your cap, gown, Mission College tassel and tickets.
You must purchase a Mission College-issued 2020 Commencement tassel in order to participate in the ceremony.
Also available are:
- Free Thank You cards are available at the Information Desk in the Campus Center for graduates to give out to faculty and staff in appreciation of their support throughout your journey at Mission College!
- Blank Announcements may be purchased in the Mission College Bookstore.
- Personalized announcements may be ordered online at: http://www.cbgrad.balfour.com or by phone at 1-800-433-0296.
Your Big Day!
- Please arrive dressed in your graduation regalia. Cap, gown, and Mission College tassel are required. Cords, stoles, etc. are optional. Report to the Santa Clara Convention Center Hall B starting at 4:30 p.m. for check-in. Please be sure that all friends and family wait outside of the building. Only graduates will be allowed inside.
- Family and friends will be allowed to enter the Santa Clara Convention Center Hall C at 5:00 p.m.
- Once you are seated for the commencement ceremony, you will not be allowed to leave your seat. All participants must stay for the entire ceremony.
- Before you arrive at the gathering area, please leave ALL personal belongings (phone, jacket, purse, gifts, flowers, etc.) with your family members and friends.
- Upon check-in, an information card will be given to you to complete. Print your name clearly (phonetically, if necessary) for the announcement of your name when you cross the stage. Please also write your name and address on this card to be given to the photographer so they may send you proofs of the pictures taken as you walk across the stage.
The ceremony will begin promptly at 6:00PM. Please arrive early to avoid any delays in the event.
- If you are participating in the graduation ceremony and need an accommodation due to Visual, Hearing, or Physical Challenges, please fill out the Accommodation Request Form available during the Grad Fair or from the Office of Student Activities, Campus Center Room 231.
Free Parking is located at the Santa Clara Convention Center Garage.
Driving Directions (TBA)
Graduation Map (TBA)
Please Keep in Mind for Graduates:
- No bags or purses will be permitted. Cell phones must not be visible and must be put on silent mode. Both hands must be free of any articles while crossing the stage. Please keep all conversations to a minimum and at a respectable volume.
- If you are receiving a Certificate and an Associates Degree, you can only cross the stage once. You can choose to walk with either the Certificate group or the Degree group, but not both
- A professional photographer will be taking pictures. Proofs will be mailed to you and you may purchase prints, if you wish.
- Family and friends will NOT be allowed to approach the stage area during the ceremony. The stage area will be available following the ceremony for photo opportunities.
The following items will not be allowed in the Santa Clara Convention Center:
Balloons, horns, beach balls, noisemakers, canned string, or serpentine spray.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Liz Pelayo at (408) 855-5406 or Tiffany Luc at (408) 855-5284 in the Office of Student Activities, Campus Center Room 231.