Financial Aid & Scholarships (start December-January)
- Learn about aid programs and complete the FAFSA here.
- Stuck? Confused? Stop by the Mission College Welcome Center for hands-on assistance with the FAFSA application. Helpful tips are also posted here.
- After you have submitted your application, or if you have specific questions, connect with the Mission College Financial Aid office.
- The Mission College Scholarship application is available on the Financial Aid website.
- You DO NOT NEED to be eligible for financial aid to apply - it's open to ALL STUDENTS (incoming high school students, current students, and those transferring out).
- There are several scholarship available, and you just need to complete one application to be considered for all of them. We have a scholarship for MESA students!
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation Scholarships
- SJSU College of Engineering
- SJSU General Scholarship information
- The Mission College STEM Center has an excellent scholarship list here.
- The Career/Transfer Center can also help you - they have a database of scholarships.
- Discover Engineering: The DiscoverE mission is to sustain and grow a dynamic engineering profession through outreach, education, celebration, and volunteerism. They have one of the most informative engineering websites out there! http://www.discovere.org/discover-engineering
- Engineering.com: Engineering.com brings the most influential voices in engineering to a worldwide audience of engineers. Our stories are informative, inspiring and entertaining. http://www.engineering.com/
- Engineering Degree.net: Find your ideal University and virtually meet Professionals in the Field of Engineering! http://www.engineeringdegree.net/
- STEM Coalition: The Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education Coalition works to support STEM programs for teachers and students at the U. S. Department of Education, the National Science Foundation, and other agencies that offer STEM related programs. http://www.stemedcoalition.org/
- STEM Career: Are you interested in anything to do with science, technology, engineering, or mathematics? Start here, where there are a ton of great resources for you from everything from figuring out what to do with your life, to getting scholarships to pay to make your dreams come true in college. http://www.stemcareer.com/
- MC Transfer Center: The one and only Mission College Transfer Center is an excellent resource! Be sure to watch their facebook page for special events, etc.
- UCTAP: Checkout the UC Transfer Admissions Planner! This online tool is designed to help prospective UC students transferring from California community colleges track and plan their course work, including those students who are seeking a Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) with one of the seven participating UC campuses. https://uctap.universityofcalifornia.edu/students/
- ASSIST: ASSIST is an online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another. ASSIST is the official repository of articulation for California's public colleges and universities and provides the most accurate and up-to-date information about student transfer in California. http://www.assist.org/web-assist/welcome.html
- CSU Mentor: CSUMentor is a website designed to help students and their families learn about the California State University (CSU) system. www.csumentor.edu
- CaliforniaColleges.edu: Provides information about specific public and private schools in California, career planning, and financial aid. www.californiacolleges.edu
- Counseling 007, Understanding the Transfer Process (1 unit): This Mission College counseling class transfers to UC and CSU. This course provides in-depth information and assistance with the transfer process to 4-year colleges/universities. It is designed to enable students to actively participate in planning their educational and career goals by providing information about the process and requirements of transferring from a community college to a university. Pass/No Pass option.
- Engineering overview, Fall 2014
- Engineering Magazine, Spring 2017
- Preparation For Success, Fall 2014
- UC Berkeley, Prospective Engineering Transfer Student presentation, Fall 2014
- UC Berkeley Transfer Admissions: Sign up for updates and great advice on transferring to Berkeley. http://admissions.berkeley.edu/transferstudents
- UC Berkeley Transfer Center which includes information for transfer students including students who are re-entry students, veterans, or parents. http://trsp.berkeley.edu/
- UC Berkeley's Undocumented Student Program http://undocu.berkeley.edu/
- Want to visit Berkeley? Come to Cal Day! Saturday April 18, 2015. http://calday.berkeley.edu/plan.php
- Bridges Multicultural Resource Center: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~bridges/index.html
College Week Live
- Connect online with 200+ schools.