Assessment Test Preparation
What to Bring to the Assessment Center test
Important: You may test twice per 365-day period. You must wait seven days to re-test.
Print This Out and Bring With You
- Assessment Preparation Fillable Form (English)
- Assessment Prep Form(Chinese)
- Assessment Prep Form(Japanese)
- Assessment Prep Form (Korean)
- Assessment Prep Form(Spanish)
- Assessment Prep Form (Vietnamese)
Mission College ID
- Mission ID (not a CCCID) Begins with G0: ______________
- No Mission ID? Apply at apply.missioncollege.edu.
- Visit the Campus Center and get your student ID
Do You Need an Accomodation?
Do you need extended time or another accommodation for a disability? If yes, call (408) 855-5085 to make advance arrangements for testing at our Disability Support Center.
Do you need to take a test?
Click on Alternatives to Testing to see if you qualify for an exemption.
Choose the Tests You Need to Take
- English as a Second Language (ESL) • Allow two hours. This test includes a multiplechoice section and a writing sample.
- English • Allow two hours. This test includes three multiple-choice sections on reading, grammar and syntax.
- Reading • Allow one hour. This test is only an option if you already have an English placement.
- MATH. Allow one to two hours depending on which test you choose (includes a questionnaire and a tutorial.) Math tests #1, #2 and #3 are 45-minute timed tests. Test #4 is a 90-minute timed test.
Choose one math test:
- Test #1 tests arithmetic skills for placement into Math 900 (Arithmetic Functions), Math 902 (PreAlgebra), Math 903 (Elementary Algebra), or Math 909 (Integrated Statistics). Allow one hour.
- Test #2 tests algebra skills for placement into Math C (Intermediate Algebra). Allow one hour.
- Test #3 tests intermediate algebra skills for placement into Statistics or Pre-Calculus. Allow one hour.
- Test #4 tests pre-calculus skills for placement into Pre-Calculus or Calculus). Allow two hours
View the Testing Schedule
See the Assessment Center Schedule