Alternative Placement Tests
You may not need to take the Mission College English and/or math assessment test if you've met specific minimum standards on the EAP, AP, SAT, or ACT tests. You must have OFFICIAL documentation.
- CSU Early Assessment Program (EAP) test for English: Level 4 (Standard Exceeded) on English Language Arts/Literacy clears students into English 1A.
- Advanced Placement (AP) tests in English Language or English Literature: Score of 3, 4, or 5 clears students above English 1A.
- ERWC English Course: Two semesters of High School Expository Reading & Writing Course for CSU (ERWC) with a B- or better both terms clears students into English 1A.
- CSU Early Assessment Program (EAP) test for Mathematics: Level 4 (Standard Exceeded) on Mathematics clears students into Math 1, 2, 10, 12, D or G.
- A score of 3 or above on the AP Calculus AB test allow you to place out of Math 3A (Calculus I) and to be eligible for enrolling in Math 3B (Calculus II)
- A score of 5 on the AP Calculus BC test allows you to place out of Math 3B (Calculus II) and to be eligible for enrolling in Math 4A (Calculus III) or Math 4B (Differential Equations).
- SAT Mathematics: Score of 550 or above clears students into Math 1, 2, 8, 10, 12, D, G.
- ACT Mathematics: Score of 23 or above clears students into Math 1, 2, 8, 10, 12, D, G.
Documentation must be submitted online through our prerequisite clearance process.
Once submitted, please allow ten working days for all results and transcripts to be evaluated and placement entered into your record.