Type of Committee: Constituency Group
Sub-Committee Reports to: Academic Senate
Charge: As a designee of the Academic Senate, the Distance Learning Committee will:
- recommend procedures and standards for distance learning and hybrid courses and instruction;
- advise the Curriculum Review Committee on distance learning and hybrid course development for rigor and compliance with applicable Title 5 regulations;
- recommend training for faculty teaching distance learning and hybrid courses;
- work with the college Institutional Researcher to obtain adequate data on distance learning programs and courses;
- originate budget requests related to distance learning;
- coordinate distance learning planning.
The committee shall include at least one representative from each division. The committee chair may include others as deemed necessary.