Equipment and Facilities
Today’s college student needs and demands a high-tech approach to learning. Mission College, in its pursuit to stay ahead of the curve, has been converting regular classrooms to multi-media classrooms for some time. With the unprecedented challenges California state funding presents us, we are now reaching out to our community partners. Mission is seeking donations to continue our vision to outfit every classroom with state-of-the-art multi-media equipment. A $20,000 investment will upgrade a classroom to a fully modernized learning environment. Features include:
- Both faculty and students are able to use instructor’s console desk and interface the multi-media technology for their presentations, lectures, demonstrations, and showcase their work via the instructor’s computer or their own laptop
- Audio/Visual System: LCD projection system and sound system enable students to playback their digital media content
- Personal Laptop Integration: The faculty or student can connect their laptop to the room’s multi-media equipment and A/V system. They can interface their content for presentation and playback to the class.
- Digital Document Camera: The instructor’s console has a “Doc Cam” and is integrated with the multi-media equipment system. The instructor can take any “hard copy” and project it to the class via the projection system.
- Dedicated DVD Playback Deck: A traditional DVD playback deck is included in the multi-media system independent of any computer system. This feature provides the user a quick and simple method of presenting digital video playback.
As the college in the heart of Silicon Valley, Mission College, its faculty and students embrace emerging technologies to advance the teaching and learning experience. Thank you for your support.