Joining EOPS is an easy 3 step process.
- Step 1: Click on the “Applying” page or the link on the homepage to submit your online application.
- Step 2: Check you email for a message about your approval or denial.
- Step 3: Schedule and attend an EOPS orientation, offered at the beginning of each semester.
How do I qualify for EOPS?
1. Be eligible for the California Promise Grant (previously the Board of Governor’s Fee Waiver)
2. Have LESS than 70 degree applicable units
3. Be a full-time student enrolled in a minimum of 12 units
- Foster Youth and DSPS students must be in a minimum of 9 units
- ESL students must be enrolled in (1) 5-unit or (2) 3-unit ESL courses
4. Have an educational disadvantage as defined by EOPS policy:
- Current or previous enrollment in remedial college courses
- No high school diploma or GED
- A high school GPA below 2.0
- 1st generation college student
- English as a second language
- AND MORE!
There are lots of different ways to qualify for EOPS. We recommend applying even if you’re not sure that you are eligible. Even if we cannot accept you, we refer you to other programs and resources on campus that can assist you in your educational journey.
EOPS is now accepting applications for Spring 2019. Click HERE to submit your application. You should be notified of your acceptance or denial in January 2019. If you have questions about your application status at any time, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
Missing the Deadline
If you missed the application deadline for the upcoming semester, we recommend filling out our Interest Form so that we can contact you when we open applications for the next semester. Please submit your information here. We will contact you when applications open for spring 2019.