Students participate in over 320 hours of instruction that include class and lab instruction, tutoring, workshop sessions, and hands-on training in a pharmacy. The comprehensive curriculum is taught by a staff of pharmacists and certified pharmacy technicians.
- Intro to Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmacy Communications/ Customer Service
- Pharmacy Terminology & Abbreviations
- Pharmacy Law
- Pharmacy Math
- OTC & Healthcare Devices
- Professional Development
- Prescription Computer Processing
- Institutional Pharmacy Practice
- Managed Care
- Outpatient Pharmacy Practice
- Clinical Pharmacy Externship
Mission College's Pharmacy Technician Program is not only theory, it is real world application.
Pharmacy Visits & Field Trips: students observe first hand pharmacy practice in action and are given the opportunity to ask pharmacy personnel about their jobs.
Lab Activities: simulations of real-life settings and hands-on practice with the dispensing and compounding of drug products, pharmacy software, cash register transactions, drug labeling, inventory, and aseptic technique.